- All members must complete a minimum of 100 hours of training before they receive an instructor status in the Jeet Kune Do Athletic Association.
- All PFS instructor ranks, levels and certifications will be honored.
- Testing will be conducted at intensive training courses and seminars.
All testing and level advancements will be done personally by Sifu Harinder Singh or one of his training officers to ensure the quality and consistency of instructors. Students and instructors will be tested on:
- The ability to teach the material.
- The ability to technically perform the material.
- The ability to perform the material out of movement or sparring.
We will be covering the curriculum over the entire evolution of Jeet Kune Do. In order to have a complete understanding of the material one must research and study each of the evolutionary 4 stages. This is the only way one can “Absorb what is useful, and reject what is useless, research their own experiences, and add that which is specifically their own.”
Curriculum includes all 4 Evolutionary Stages of Jeet Kune Do for historical reference which are:
- Jun Fan Gung Fu (Kickboxing, Trapping, and Grappling) as taught and developed by Bruce Lee.
- Jeet Kune Do – Bruce Lee’s personal expression of Jun-Fan Gung Fu and Life philosophy.
- Jeet Kune Do Concepts & Filipino Martial Arts as taught by Guro Dan Inosanto.
- Progressive Fighting Systems and Contemporary Jeet Kune Do as taught by Sifu Paul Vunak.
The material is divided into 8 areas of study. Each area of study is divided into 3 levels; Phase 1, Intermediate, and Advanced. The overall concepts and strategies bind the material. Just like Bruce, we will also be heavily focused on Functional Fitness and Attribute Development(Action Strength).
- Kick Boxing (Jun Fan Kick Boxing & Thai Boxing);
- Trapping (Wing Chun, Jun Fan, Kali);
- Standing Grappling (Clinch, Pummel, Throws, Locks, Sweeps, Takedowns, Kinamutai, T’ai-Chi);
- Ground Grappling (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling, Kinamutai);
- Weapons (Filipino Martial Arts – Kali);
- Attribute Development and Functional Fitness (Action Strength: Kettlebells, Gada, T’ai-Chi, Indian Body Weight Exercises);
- JKD Strategy and Tactics: The Art of Interception, Deception, Conserving Energy & Mastering the Present Moment;
- Personal Expression: Integration, Adaptation, Experimentation & Personalization.
A 15 set DVD and manual is currently being developed covering the entire curriculum. The curriculum will also be covered in weekly group classes and during intensive training courses and seminars.
We will continue to offer certification programs covering the following material:
R.A.T, LEO, ETGS, Edged Weapons, Blunt Weapons, Executives, Action Strength
We are extremely hands on. When instructors are ready, they will have an opportunity to gain experience by assisting at seminars. Those instructors that continue to excel will be assisting at Law Enforcement seminars in learning how to teach the elite of the elite. Action Strength instructors will learn to work with people of all levels and abilities from beginners to professional athletes to soldiers.
Weekly Phone Consultation
Only for JKD Athletic Association members and instructors
– every Thursday 10 AM to 12:00 PM (Pacific Time) **By appointment only.