John Riddle is currently a Sergeant with the West Palm Beach Police Department. During his 28 years of service he has worked as a Patrol Division Field Training Supervisor certified in Defensive Tactics and Firearms.
In 1989, John became a member of the SWAT Team for the West Palm Beach Police Department where he served for 16 years. He instructed the SWAT Team’s defensive tactics program, firearms and tactical entry instructor. 13 years on the Entry Team and 3 years as a Sniper Team Leader.
In 1996, John was selected as a member of the CAT Team; a street level narcotics unit that performed drug buys, wrote search warrants, conducted prostitution stings and tactical patrol duties.
John’s teaching career began in the mid 1980′s when he was assigned as a Combat Arms Training Instructor (CATM) in the United States Air Force. During his Air Force career John taught firearm skills to Air Force Security Police, Air Force Base Law Enforcement Personnel, Para Rescue units and Combat Controllers.
On November 2012, Black Belt the world’s leading magazine of Martial Arts, published its Hall of Fame issue, and selected Mr. John Riddle as Instructor of the Year.
Training / Certification:
• Black Belt in Korean Karate
• Certified Personal Trainer / Physical Fitness Specialist with The Cooper Institute for Aerobics Research
• Certified SABRE Civilian Safety Awareness Program – Pepper Spray Instructor
• Certified Master SABRE Law Enforcement – Pepper Spray Instructor
• Certified TASER C2 – Civilian Training Instructor
• Certification in all areas of Officer Survival
• Certified Redman Instructor
• Certified Close Quarter Personal Self Defense Training Instructor
• TeamOne Network Instructor
• NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
• Simunition Scenario and Safety Instructor
• CT 707 – Israeli Special Forces Krav Maga Instructor
• Burn with Kerns Strength and Conditioning Coach Certification
• Garda College in Templemore, Ireland 2011: Instructed members of the Ireland military, police and swat in a 3 day RedMan training course sponsored by TeamOne Network
• Rome, Italy 2011: Instructed members of the Rome Police and civilians in a Contemporary Jeet Kune Do course.
• Promotion to Sergeant of Police – 2003
• Officer of the Quarter – 2002
• Service Certificate – 1996
• Certificate of Merit – 1991, 1992
• Black Belt Magazine 2012 “Instructor of the Year”
• American Society of Law Enforcement Trainers – 2006
• International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors – 2006
• International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association – 2006/2012
• Florida Department of Law Enforcement Defensive Tactics Panel – 2006, 2007, 2008
• TeamOne Instructor Conference – 2007 / 2008 / 2012
• Honored Member of the Biltmore Who’s Who – January 2010
• Israeli Special Forces Krav Maga – 2011
Publications: Law Officer
July 2006 / Volume 2, Issue 5: Pages 42 to 44
“Body Language: Understand and Pay Attention to Movement Cues”
Click Here to view Body Language article